Skip to main content

A New Perk...Kindle First!

I didn't know I was an Amazon Prime member (and had been for two years!) when I read an email from Amazon that I had a new (?!) perk with my membership, Kindle First: I would get to download one free book per month from their list of four editors' picks--for free and one month before the official publication!

Always happy to get freebies (Who isn't?), excited to have new options for my Cannonball Read challenge, and rededicated to actively using my Kindle after a couple of years of non use, I clicked on the link to see my options: The Barkeep by William Lashner (Thriller), The Line (Withing Savannah, Book One) by J.D. Horn (Fantasy), Mint Juleps and Justice by Nancy Naigle (Romance), and Descending Son by Scott Shepherd (Horror) were the picks. They all had a pre-order price of $4.99 and all were authors I had never read or heard of before.

I can't say that any of the titles appealed to me. I'm not big on fantasy or horror but could be persuaded to read thriller. In the end, I settled on the romance, even though it's not the kind of romance I gravitate to: contemporary, small-town setting, true to life. But who was I to complain? A freebie is a freebie, right?

I eagerly await next month's Kindle First options.

Comments