Skip to main content

Squee-ing

I have been on a great reading streak in the past week, so much so that I find myself in a state of squee.

Currently Reading:
  • The Song of Achilles (2012) by Madeline Miller
  • The Sun Is Also a Star (2016) by Nicola Yoon
Recently Finished:
  • Rebound (2018) by Kwame Alexander
  • Eleanor & Park (2013) by Rainbow Rowell
The Song of Achilles is so good that I'm getting butterflies in my stomach as I read it. I want to consume and savor its beauty. At the same time, there's also the lingering butterflies from Eleanor & Park, which I finished a couple of days ago. Why had it taken me so long to read it?! I read an e-reader version but then went on to buy the hard copy today so I could re-read my favorite parts easily. Taking a pause from each book to read the other has been maddening--but oh so deliciously satisfying!

Reviews for all these book and others should be coming, though I've found that the more I love a book, the more challenging it is to write the review. There's just so much to say that I find getting the words out overwhelming. 

... Now back to Patroclus, Achilles, Eleanor, and Park!

Comments